July 2, 2023
This workshop is completed and was at full-capacity. Thank you for coming!
In this Psychotherapy Masterclass, Sex & Trauma Psychotherapist, Neha Bhat (she/her) will facilitate learning around the intersection of spirituality, in the Indian context and mental health. How often have you experienced :
- intuition about your client
- had a "hunch" to guide your clients towards a certain direction?
And perhaps, like a lot of us, you've dismissed these as "irrational", only to realize later on that something you picked up was helpful, appropriate, even life transforming for your clients.
“There are two types of visions. Those that will happen no matter what, and those that can be stopped. Now more than ever, I wish I could tell them apart.”
Based on the content of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Name and explain the psychological phenomenon of psychic gifts within the therapist's body and ways it shows up in their own practices. This will be done using the body of work lead by Caroline Myss, Carl Jung and Dr Svoboda.
- Identify the ways in which these abilities can be integrated ethically within the psychotherapy alliance.
- Facilitate meaning-making with other therapists as a cohort around spiritual ethics from a culturally-sensitive lens.
Neha is a depth-focused sex and trauma therapist who brings in creative practices in her method of psychotherapy and has now completed 12+ years of clinical practice. In her clinical journey, finding culturally-sensitive, spiritually-attuned mentors and guides were a professional challenge as she navigated a largely EuroAmerican-dominant landscape of psychotherapy in the US and a highly pathologized mental health professional landscape in India. In this workshop series, especially designed for Indian therapists or therapists who work with Indian clients, she invites us to work together to deepen our clinical skills and make sense of psychotherapy concepts in culturally-sensitive practice.
Payment (please see below)
UPI ID: nehabhattherapy-1@okaxis (we prefer UPI because it is simple)
Please send us an email with your name and UPI payment reference number on email@example.com once you've registered and paid.